Saturday, September 30, 2006

Commitment + Discipline I

I think I can’t take it anymore. The booze binge weekends, nursing hangovers, the chips, the lack of exercise or 5 fruits and vegetable intakes, lack of bowel movement and I could go into Proustian detail about a whole list of mortal sins and why I am doomed to eternal damnation oh and did I mention that I am munching on a pack of reduced fat Marks and Spencer Salt + Vinegar Crisps while writing this.

In short, I have been feeling out of control. This could be the result of a perpetual hangover even though I swear the urge to annihilate every peanut snickers bar in the whole of London is very very real.

Today, after last night’s disaster which entailed frantic phone calls and slurred speeches to a few people I had no intention to call or who would not want to talk to me again after last night, the crisps aside, I am trying to take control again of every aspect of my life. Little steps at a time.

Commitment and Discipline.

These are big words for me even though I am not a guy. And as much as I have reluctantly tackled them all my life, I am beginning to realize that it is in fact the potential driving force in every aspect of my life if I could just get a grip on them.

Flat mate HL was relating how she was talking to a colleague E about how expensive gyms are and E’s straight forward reply was simply, all you need is a bit of discipline, not a gym membership. Why does it sounds so simple?

On a better note, I did manage to do some reading this week. Flying through pages of Milan Kundera’s Identity at lunch time when there is some sun outside the office with my sandwich and lemon tea even though I know I should stop reading depressive immoral literature as well..…


(Big Sis if you are reading this and squeal on me, there will be bloodshed…)

On Player_’ The Girl’s Insane’ by Thievery Corporation

1 Comments:

Blogger neonangel said...

hello rain :)

glad i found your blog. and you write beautiful prose btw. just want you to know that.

wishing you rest beside quiet waters to wash away those fears. Be still and know that He is God. :)

6:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home