Sunday, December 03, 2006

Head Turner


This afternoon, I took a walk from Westminister Station, passing by the Big Ben and Westminister Abbey to see The Turner Prize 2006 Finalists at Tate Britain. Coincidently, the results of The Turner Prize will be announced tomorrow. There was a free audio commentary which was very useful.

My vote is for Phil Collins and Tomma Abts. Both works are on extremes of each other but are very contemporary and contemplative works.I spend the most time in the rooms featuring their works. The two other finalist are Mark Titchner and Rebecca Warren.

My other purpose of visiting Tate Britain was also to see The Upper Room designed by British Architect David Adjaye featuring works by Chris Ofili. I did not feel the ‘chapel-like qualities of the space and its lighting’ but I think the small transitional space at the entrance was quite pleasant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home