Sunday, December 10, 2006

A Shop Cramped Full of Memories


*Brissi
I love this shop.


*Toms
I love the crisp morning air flowing through my lungs. I love the smell of a café with an all-day breakfast menu where the perpetual wiff of mushrooms sizzling on the pan drifts in the air.

I love discovering an old out of print book. I love a bookshop cramped full of the smell of dusty covers, of history, of love, of repression, of struggle and of strength.

*Ottolenghi
I love the smell of a patisserie cramped with the smell of baking, of suger, of flour, of raw eggs and of chocolate and cream.


*Tea Me
I love the texture of a smooth handle of a Copenhagen tea cup at the tip of my finger. I love the rim of the tea cup touching my mouth and the warmth of the tea gently sliding down my throat. The love the sound of the ting of my tea cup as I place it on a saucer again.



I love a shop cramped full of memories. Above all, I love the feel of hard labour, passion and tender loving care put into things.


*Toms_226 Westbourne Grove_London W11 2RH
T: 0207 221 8818
*Tea Me_129a Ladbroke Grove_London W11 1PN
T: 0207 792 5577

On Player_'Never Gonna Fall in Love Again'_By Snow Patrol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home