Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Marxist’s Dialectical Materialism

I was late for work (again) today and made my way to the bathroom almost bull dozing over my house guest while trying to remove my sleep jacket and swearing along the way. Alarm went off on time. Flat mate HL knocked on my door when it was my turn to use the bathroom. I didn’t hear a thing. Someone must have knocked me out with a pan last night. It would have been good if alarm clocks came with an extendable arm to give me a good old shake. An alarm clock that would roll over and give me a nice morning hug would be just as good too.

Been lusting after and been frustrated by equipment recently. The Leica M8 is out ( but I can’t afford it)(yet) and a part of me thinks that I’m not ready for a better camera because I take pictures not because I like to take pictures but because something inspires me enough to want to take it. Good shots are good shots. A good camera helps, but if you don’t have an eye for it, a $5000 camera ain’t going to do you any good either.

The opposite is true for work. If you don’t have a kick-ass powerful computer and utilize its programs, you are chop suey against someone who does. I have been feeling like that. By not knowing how to use the latest programs in the office, my ability to dream has been limited. Although I have picked up 2D Microstation fairly quickly and in its own way the software has its advantages, today, I realized it is slower then Autocad because I can draft in Microstation entirely without moving my left hand. It was asleep in my lap all day while my right hand went into overdrive clicking icons. Even after picking up 2D Microstation, I am raring to learn 3D Microstation. The current project is so complicated form wise that it is impossible to design 2 dimensionally. This frustrates me greatly. I hate that I am incapacitated by my incompetency of soft wares. Sure, I have been designing with models but as the form grows increasingly complicated, a physical model becomes inflexible in morphing itself as quickly as I could manipulate a 3D model. Ah well, the time will come when I will be invincible (after I complete the 3D Microstation course.) You bet.

Passed by a jewellery store on Brick Lane on Sunday and there was a wedding ring in a big wooden box which came with a pair of metal cutters. On the inner cover of the box, it read:

Plan A:
1. Fall In Love
2. Get Married
3. Live Happily Ever After

If all else fails activate Plan B.

Plan B:
1. Cut All Ties

Ingenious. Thus is the modern interpretation of products for our generation. You either screw them over or get screwed by them.

By the way, ah….if someone has 200 pounds to spare, could they get me this for Christmas? I swear my chronic backache will get better.

See Budda Bag

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home